Ranchi, March 21: The CPI(M) Jharkhand state secretary J S Majumdar issued the following statement:
CPI(M) staged demonstration before Raj Bhavan today(March 20, 2009) against Murhu police firing in which a school going Adivasi child was killed and two others were injured. Party state secretary J S Majumdar and CPI(ML) leader Raja Ram joined the demonstration and delegation to the Governor. A memorandum was submitted to the Governor.
A team of the CPI(M), led by Khunti local committee secretary Pradip Guria, along with Praful Horo and Manu Saw visited the place of police firing this morning, investigated and collected information. They confirmed from all evidences that police firing is responsible for the killing and injuring innocent Adivasi children.
A party team consisting of Ranchi district secretary of CPI(M) Sufal Mahato and state secretariat member Prafulla Linda visited RIMS and met the injured children Gangu Purti and his family members, collected information and made financial help as the government failed to extend any financial assistance to the poor family even for medical treatment of the injured.
CPI(M) will stage protest demonstrations throughout the state within March 27, 2009.
Text of the memorandum
Mr. Sayed Shibte Razi
Hon’ble Governor of Jharkhand
20th March 2009
Memorandum on killing of an innocent child and injuring two other children by police firing on 19th March, 2009 at village Sirka in Murhu block of Khunti district.
We draw your attention to the following facts.
1. Today, a three members’ team of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) visited the place of police firing on 19th March, 2009 in village Sirka (Saramgora) in Murhu block of Kunti district and also RIMS, enquired and collected facts.
2. Unprovoked police firing killed an innocent Adibasi child Amar Purti on the spot and injured two other Adibasi Children, Gangu Purti, who has been admitted in RIMS in critical condition, and Gola Purti.
3. All three middle school going children were collecting Mahua when the police fired upon them in day light without any warning.
4. It is, further, criminal offence on the part of police to leave the dead body and the injured on the spot without making any attempt for their hospitalization.
5. Now, there is a cover up exercise by the police administration denying police firing. Because of this attitude of the police, the child eye witnesses are in grave danger. Their may be an attempt of manipulation of the postmortem report.
Under the above circumstances, we demand:
a) Since the State is under Central rule, the Union Home Minister should visit the place immediately;
b) The Superintendent of Police of Kunti district and other concerned police officials must be suspended immediately;
c) FIR should be registered under charge of murder under Section 302 of Cr.PC against concerned police personnel responsible for firing;
d) Security protection to the eye witnesses of police crime should provided by the special force;
e) Order should be issued for judicial enquiry;
f) Special medical care should be provided to Gangu Purti;
g) Compensation should be given for Rs. 10 lakhs to the family of Amar Purti and adequate compensation to the families of Gangu Purti and Gola Purti.